Thread your needle and master the art of embroidery in this indispensable guide to the most popular stitches and essential stitching techniques.
Whether you are new to sewing and stitching or you want to increase your repertoire, The Stitch Bible is the ideal reference, with 225 embroidery stitches and techniques, plus 17 gorgeous projects to practice what you have learned.
This comprehensive guide includes Freestyle embroidery techniques, Hardanger embroidery stitches both in traditional white and contemporary colours, Blackwork stitches based on geometric designs, Crewelwork tapestry techniques, sparklingly elegant Goldwork, striking Pulled Thread embroidery, bold and beautiful Canvaswork and delicate Drawn Thread techniques.
- Beautiful inspirational photography of the projects you can make with these stitches.
- Step-by-step illustration for all 225 stitches, making it simple to complete each stitch perfectly.
- 17 contemporary projects to put your new found skills to use straight away.
- All the templates and charts needed to complete the projects.
- Comprehensive information on the materials and equipment you need.
- Advice on the basic techniques such as how to transfer a design onto fabric, how to use an embroidery frame, how to read an embroidery chart and how to lace and frame your embroidery.
- This essential bible to stitching will become a trusted resource and a firm friend on your craft bookshelf.